Tired of using ground beef the same old way? Try this spicy dish! Feel free to double the sauce if you like it really saucy! Update: the hoisin sauce is quite sweet, so you might start off with just a little and work your way up!
PREP TIME – 10 MINUTES
COOK – 20 MINUTES
Servings 4 Units US
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
• 1⁄2-1 1⁄2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (start off with just a little and work your way up)
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 3⁄4 cup beef broth
• 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 8 ounces vermicelli, cooked
• 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain and keep warm.
2. Pour sesame oil in pan and heat till hot. Saute onion and next 4 ingredients hot sesame oil until tender.
3. Combine cornstarch and beef broth, whisking until smooth.
4. Stir broth mixture, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce into onion mixture.
5. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
6. Stir in ground beef.
7. Toss with hot cooked pasta, and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
8. Yield: 4 servings.